Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Burning the memories...

Today has been an interesting day.  Dougal Doggie and I have been going through the old writing note books stashed away in my cupboard to see if there is anything that is worth putting on the computer.  Well I found a few poems that I will include in my collection and many that I won't.  I found the process of looking back over my writing a little like learning about a separate life that I lived so long ago. There were certainly some dark moments back then as I was dealing with recovering memories from a troubled childhood and what was initially called post natal depression by my doctors and later termed Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.  I felt that I did not want to really re-live that time and as I already had a fire going (it is cold and wet here) I decided that I would burn the books.  They are gone now as are the detailed memories and I feel like it has been a way to 'draw' some really disparate elements of my life back together - am I one person now - that remains to be seen:):)

There is a very interesting post on the ABC Blog on fastasy literature.  Have a look:) the link is:
http://web.overland.org.au/2011/07/all-those-wizards-and-dragons/comment-page-1/#comment-12768

Just a few more photos for you:)




No comments:

Post a Comment