Monday, January 10, 2011

And then the rains came

The Rains Came by Louis Bromfield is a great book that tells the tale of an Indian doctor and his love affair with a European woman and the flooding rains in India early in the 20th century.  I read the book which was later made into a film years ago, but there's just something about hearing the news reports covering the rain in Queensland that remind me of that story.

Back at uni today, I can't believe it but this is the 3rd last week of the course and I am presenting this morning on the author Terry Pratchett.  We are studying his book titled Truckers and although it took about half of the book for me to get into the story and suspend disbelief, once I had, I spent the 2nd half of the book laughing as I read.

Have you heard the news about Ian Thorpe, apparently there is a chance that he may start competing again, I wonder if its really true, our world is so shaped by the media these days its not funny! 

And speaking of media, there was an item on the news this morning about yet another shooting in America.  I hope the Americans finally get the message about how weird their gun laws are after an incident where people attending a political rally were shot.  A comination of 'much vitriol about politics' and guns is a terrible combination in any country!

I added the photo below just to remind me that there is still much beauty in the world:):)  Have a good one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment