Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Continuing studies and essay writing

Writing an essay on wish fulfilment for the reader of Earthsea has proved a very interesting exercise.  Firstly, I have been looking at a number of sites with information on Freud and Jung and their take on wish fulfilment.  Secondly, I have had to then work out what perspective I will write from in the essay - finally chose gender.  Le Guin seems to be running a critique of the power relationships between men and woment in Earthsea, and women dont fare very well in a patriarchal society.  While it has been an interesting exercise I have to be careful that I dont get too caught up in terminology - and there is no test cricket to offer a light diversion!

Really hoping for the best for all those people who are missing in flood ravaged Qld.

No comments:

Post a Comment