Sunday, February 27, 2011

Preparing for the week

I have been madly trying to catch-up and organise myself for the start of uni tomorrow.  Have got lots done but the rain this morning means that I am not able to mow the last little piece of ground as planned.  Never mind, I have lots of other things to do anyway. 

The trip to Tassie as I said in yesterday's post was an amazing trip down south.  What surprised me was my attitude to some of the sights that I saw, particularly those spots that mark the last of the great Huon Pine Trees.  One such spot is near Stanley and here you can be surrounded by forest and a couple of huge lovely old Huon Pines.  While we were there a number of other visitors arrived, stayed long enough to take a photo of themselves and loved ones standing by the trees and then left.  I have to admit the whole experience left me a little cold...I was mesmerised by the size and majesty of the trees and I felt so sad for something that has been lost and can never be replaced.  Ah well...maybe I am getting old. 


On a brighter note, the photos below are taken from Sleepy Bay in Freycinet National Park and of an approaching storm taken the verandah of our accomodation.





No comments:

Post a Comment