Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthdays, plans, and Poem No 4

Yesterday was a great day – I actually gave myself time to sit down at the computer and sort out some of my poems, in the middle of sorting out English Lit uni assignments (whoopsies!!!).  I now have quite a number which I will post – comments and feedback welcome here as to whether you think they would be good enough to try and publish as a collection. 

In keeping with the promises to self otherwise known as my New Year’s Resolutions. I am also going to make time to take some more photos of my wanna be ‘art’ and will also post these as well.  One of the reasons for these postings, is that, apart from keeping promises to self, I am trying to encourage people to give themselves time out to try different things – if I can make something that, at the end of the day, I don’t chuck straight in the bin, then everyone canJJ

Poem No 4.

Night Song

A new song, the chords of
the guitar following, I
gaze on the musicians
as dancers rise and gently sway.

Dancers and music ebbing in the flow
of life, keeping time with
the earth, as the synergy
rises on wisps of smoke.

From the fire, flickering flames and
the gentle stream near me...flows
by me, reaching out for me
I feel myself absorbed. ©

No comments:

Post a Comment