Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thoughts and feelings for those in Japan

Our thoughts and feelings go out to those people affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  It is hard to rationalise emotional responses to these events - I know what it is like to worry about friends and family caught up in the dervishes of existence.



The peom for the day - not many left to go now for our collection of 12:):)


The Nineties

Girls in sleek suits, matching

hosiery and shoes

boys in blue shirts and

teasing grins

make heavy impressions on

my mind.

Energetic, focussed, no time to

live

As you force your way up

to goals

set so high



I am part of this life too

corporate environments challenging

souls

Many floors above carpark

jungles

trapping weary visions of perfectly

couturiered ensembles

as they fly up and down

the lifts

to feed the parking metre

machine. ©

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Not for Japan, I couldn't be sadder for that. For the poem. Of so many things to say, you chose the 90s, and to portray that in such humor whilst yet maintaining the serious implications, fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thank you for your comments. You are right, there are so many things to say and I think for me, the focus on the important fundamental things in life, like, health, security and love often becomes clouded and overwhelmed:):):)

    ReplyDelete